5 Reasons Why the Porsche 911 992 is doomed before it has launched
1. The 991 represented Porsche at their finest. Knockout special edition models such as the R, GT3 Touring, GT2 RS and Speedster cement the 991 in the history books.
2. Nurburgring lap records were constantly being crushed by the 991, beating much more expensive and powerful rivals at Lamborghini.
3. The 993 was the last air-cooled Porsche 911. Its unlikely that Porsche will make an air-cooled car ever again.
4. No 911 will ever compare to the rawness of the 997 RS 4.0. The introduction of electric steering to the 991 changed the 911s handling characteristics for ever.
5. Greater usage of electric tech in the 992 will inevitably increase weight therefore upsetting the handling of the car.
So there you have it, you better go and buy one of the vast number of increasingly good value 991.1 GT3 RS that are currently for sale at the moment.